Melon & Crispy Prosciutto Salad
- 1 medium ripe melon
- 1/2 lbs of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 ounces of plain soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- honey for garnish
- Clean and slice the melon into small bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Using a large nonstick skillet, heat on medium. Tear and place pieces of prosciutto unto the skillet. Try to keep the pieces from touching each other during the first few seconds of hitting the skillet. After 1 minute, use a spoon to stir the prosciutto. Cook for another minute.
- Repeat the step above until you’ve cooked all the prosciutto
- Open your goat cheese package, and mix in a bowl with the chopped parsley
- Add the flour in a bowl and mix in the paprika
- Form the parsley goat cheese mixture into small dime size balls
- Drop them into the flour mixture and toss to coat
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan on high (test for readiness to fry by dusting with a bit of flour, it should begin to sizzle when it hits the oil)
- Fry the balls of goat cheese in the oil for 1 minute until golden brown. Watch them carefully, they may brown quickly.
- To Assemble: Place the pieces of melon in a bowl. Have the crispy prosciutto and got cheese balls on the side for everyone to top their salad with. Honey is suggested as a drizzle.