Remember the crab cakes I made? Those babies were so good, I’m itching to make them again. By the size of my itch, we’ll probably be having them for dinner this week. We’ll be sipping some wine, and enjoying those moist little cakes. And guess what? You can too! I’ve been given the opportunity to giveaway Ted Allen’s “The Food You Want to Eat”, PLUS a great reusable bag full of Robert Mondavi Private Selection items!!!! Winning.
Sadly a bottle of Robert Mondavi Private Selection is not included in the bag, but there are so many cute items you will use on your next road trip! Oh and speaking of road trips, how can I forget to mention they have also added a $25 gas gift card!!!! Winning, Tiger Blood! These folks are awesome, who wouldn’t be surrounded by wine, and the central coast. I’d be one happy camper at work all the live long day. Okay don’t you just love it’s pink; the bag that is, and the apron, and the portable wine opener… I’m sensing a girls trip coming up. I need to score me one of these bags! My mind is swirling with a little day trip: a bottle of wine, the sun, a salad, and these parmesan crisps!! I couldn’t write a post without a recipe, now could I.
Ted Allen’s book is full of so many recipes, 100 in fact. Everything from drinks, appetizers, meat, seafood, dessert, salads… I’m losing count. There is a recipe for ribs in there that has been calling my name, but today I wanted something a little lighter. So as I glanced the book the parmesan crisps were perfect. I’ve never made parmesan crisps, and although I did not have shredded parmesan I did have a container of grated cheese. You know the kind you keep around in the fridge to sprinkle over pasta. I figured why not give it a go, it’s cheese after all. The small additions I made to the recipe did punch up the flavor. My grated cheese crisps did crumble as I removed them from the baking sheet but hey, they are still crispy and are a perfect topping for a salad. Plus, with a glass of wine in one’s hand everything is delicious.
Speaking of wine, who hasn’t grown up with Robert Mondavi in their kitchen. It’s always been that one brand my parents turn to. We have at least one bottle of his wines in our little wine bar. There really is nothing like enjoying a glass after a hard day at work, gossiping with friends, or while watching a chick flick. We also have it in our bucket list to one day visit the California Central Coast. To drive down the roads with wineries on each side, and to visit the Woodridge Winery. Have you been to the Central Coast? If not, follow below to keep up with fun travel tips, wine pairing recommendations, and California Central Coast style at:
Robert Mondavi Private Selection
Official website: http://www.robertmondavi.com/rmps
Let’s talk Parmesan Crisps, here is the quick recipe.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried ground rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground smoke paprika
- Heat your oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix the cheese, flour, rosemary, garlic, and pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto the parchment paper, make sure to leave a couple of inches between each tablespoon
- Using your tablespoon gently press down on the dollops of cheese to form a disc
- Sprinkle each disc with smoked paprika
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, until golden brown
- Remove and cool on a metal rack
AND NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY RULES AND GUIDELINES
- The giveaway is opened to U.S. mailing address only
(sorry..we are only able to ship within the United States)
Giveaway will end midnight August 10th, 2012*This giveaway is closed*
- The winner will be announced August 11th, 2012 – be sure to leave your email when you comment as this is how I will contact you for your mailing address. Only one (1) winner will be chosen, if the winner does not respond within 48 hrs of their notification email, a new winner will then be selected.
- You MUST leave a comment letting me know who you’d like to share a glass of wine with?
- You MUST follow Robert Mondavi on Facebook , and leave a separate comment saying you did
- You MUST follow me on Facebook, it’s only fair and leave a separate comment saying you did
Want extra chances to win??
- Follow me on Twitter , and leave a separate comment saying you did
- Tweet “I entered for a chance to win a bag of @robertmondavips goodies via @arecipejunkie + a $25 gas card http://wp.me/p1KnLB-Df ” – leave a separate comment saying you tweeted
- Follow Robert Mondavi Private Selection on Twitter, and leave a separate comment saying you did
Remember!!! Be sure to leave your email on the fields, when you comment as this is how I will contact you for your mailing address.
Good luck everyone!! Such a great bag of goodies, and a $25 dollar gas card
*Giveaway provided by Grand Central Marketing, Inc. | Social Central*
I received no items or payment for hosting this giveaway, all opinions are my own.
Winner is comment # 20 !! (Renata, Congratulations! I’ve checked and you have won!)
Pick a Date, See My Posts